For straighter smiles, and better dental health
There’s no single type of dental brace. So dentists use the word ‘orthodontics’ to describe the various types of aligners and braces they might use.
‘Orthodontics’ also describes a particular type of dentistry which aims to straighten, move and improve the appearance of crooked or misaligned teeth.
Do I need braces?
Not everyone needs braces. But if your teeth or jaw don’t develop normally it can cause discomfort or make it harder to keep your teeth clean. It can also affect the shape of your face, which can lead to a lack of self-confidence that can affect you for far, far longer than you’ll be wearing your braces.
Crooked or misaligned teeth are a common issue. A recent study in England found that around a third of 12 year olds would benefit from some degree of orthodontic treatment.
Who will treat me?
Sweet Smiles is amongst the very few dental practices that provide Specialist Orthodontic Dentistry. The Specialist lists are lists of registered dentists who meet certain conditions as defined by the General Dental Council, who are then given approval to use a specialist title.
- Our Orthodontic Dentist has been on the Specialist Register for Orthodontics since March 2014.
- She has done over 500 fixed appliances.
- She has done more than 800 removable cases.
- She is a Fastbraces© dental practitioner.
- She is a double Award Winning Assistant University Lecturer for Under Graduate and Post Graduate Dental courses in 2009 and 2013.
- She has over 8 years experience in dental care and treatment for disabled patients.
The following are some of our Specialist Orthodontic dentist’s results. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.
How will the Specialist Dentist treat me?
It depends on the type and severity of problems you have with your teeth, but we may use one of a number of options at our Liverpool dental practice:
- Fixed braces – As the name suggests, fixed braces stay in your mouth for the duration for your treatment. These non-removable braces are made up of brackets that are glued to each tooth and linked with wires
- Removable braces – Plates (usually made of plastic) cover the roof of your mouth and clip to some teeth. We use removable braces at our Liverpool dental practice for when your teeth need only slight adjustments. Functional braces – A pair of removable plastic braces, joined together (or designed to work together) and fitted to the upper and lower teeth.
- Clear/invisible braces – Function in much the same way as removable braces, but are made clear plastic which makes them much more difficult to spot. Perfect if you feel self-conscious about wearing braces
FastBracesFind out about our Fastbraces Treatment
How do I get treatment?
If you visit our Liverpool dental practice regularly we’ll keep monitoring your teeth and, if we think teeth braces would be of benefit, we’ll recommend them to you.
If you are concerned about the shape of your smile, experiencing discomfort, or if crooked teeth are making it difficult to clean properly, come and see us and we’ll find out what the problem is.
Autumn 2016 Promotion
FREE Scale and Polish before the start of your brace treatment plus FREE Whitening Home Kit and Bleaching Tray after the brace treatment is finished.*
*To qualify for this promtional offer you must agree to the full Treatment Plan.
You can book your appointment below or by calling 0151 707 7840 (or Freephone 0800 002 9511) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org