For straighter smiles, and better dental health
Orthodontic Dentistry describes a particular type of dentistry that aims to straighten, move and improve the position and appearance of crooked or misaligned teeth done by a Specialist Orthodontist.
To do this, Orthodontic Specialists Dentist can use a variety of different braces such as traditional braces, self ligating braces, removable braces, clear braces and invisible braces.
Do I need braces?
Crooked or misaligned teeth are a common issue. A recent study in England found that around a third of 12 year olds would benefit from some type of brace treatment done by a specialist dentist.
I you feel that the position of your teeth could be improved, you are looking for a straighter smile and a boost in confidence, you may benefit from the variety of brace options that we offer.
Because crooked teeth can cause you discomfort, affect your ability to keep your teeth clean and even affect the shape of your face, finally having straight teeth will not only give you a beautiful smile, but it will also make it easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy.
The new confidence that comes with a bright and straight smile will last for far, far longer than you’ll be wearing your braces.
Who will treat me?
R Smiles is amongst the very few dental practices that provide Brace treatment by a Specialist Orthodontist Dentist.
This means that your treatment will be safer in the hands of a dentist who is specialised in this discipline. Our specialist will be able to offer you more options of treatment as, unlike a general dentist who is trained in only one or two systems, has a deeper knowledge of braces treatments in general.
- Our Orthodontic Dentist has been on the Specialist Register for Orthodontics since March 2014.
- She has done over 500 fixed appliances.
- She has done more than 800 removable cases.
- She is a double Award Winning Assistant University Lecturer for Under Graduate and Pos
- Graduate Dental courses in 2009 and 2013.
- She has over 17 years of experience in dental care and more than 8 years in treatment for disabled patients and Dental Phobia registered
The following are some of our Specialist Orthodontic dentist’s results. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge.
How will the Specialist Dentist treat me?
After a full examination, the Specialist Orthodontist will give you a number of options and see which one suits your needs best.
Our treatments include:
- Fixed braces – Traditional bracket and wire systems that are cemented on your teeth that will remain there during the whole duration of the treatment. Treatment with these type of braces is usually shorter as the force applied on the teeth is more effective.
- Clear Fixed braces – They are a cosmetic alternative to traditional metal braces. They are usually made of white ceramic and blend in with the natural colour of your teeth.
- Removable braces – Custom-made devices, usually made of wires and acrylic. These type of braces are not fixed to your teeth so you can take them off to eat and clean them. They are usually used for short periods of time when your smile needs only slight adjustments or as a pre treatment before fixed brace treatment
- Functional Braces – A set of removable braces that are joined together or designed to work together. They are fitted to your upper and lower teeth
- Clear/invisible removable braces also called aligners: –These are removable aligners made of a hard transparent type of plastic and are hardly noticeable on the teeth. They work by gradually moving the teeth into their right position without the need for wires or tightening.
How do I get treatment?
If you think that you may need braces, you can come for a consultation with us and our specialised team will be able to give you all the advice you need.
You can book your appointment below or by calling 0151 707 7840 (or Freephone 0800 002 9511) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org