If you have ever felt scared or nervous about going to the dentist, you are not alone. About 65% of patients report some level of fear of dental treatment(1). At R Smiles Dental Practice we have vast experience in helping patients with dental anxiety or phobia. We have a great system in place to provide the best care available
- Pain Free: Dental treatment with no pain or anxiety
- Affordable: Most accessible prices in Liverpool
- No waiting list: We operate a regular i.v. sedation clinic run by an Anaesthetist Medical Doctor
- Friendly and Caring: We are Phobia registered with fully trained and experienced staff
So, what exactly is dental anxiety?
Anxiety is a feeling of uneasiness and worry over the anticipation of an event. Phobia is a similar feeling to anxiety although much worse and usually accompanied with significant distress. It is not uncommon for patients to feel anxiety in relation to a dentist appointment or a dental procedure. People of all ages can experience anxiety as it is a perfectly natural reaction to an unpleasant experience (usually a past experience).
How do I know if I have dental anxiety or phobia?
‘IT IS MORE THAN A JUST CHAT’ At R Smiles a dental consultation is a friendly visit with one of our lovely dentists where you can discuss all you want to know:
- Your issues
- Your concerns
- Your ideal results
- Your treatment options
We believe that a consultation is vital for patients who are considering having a dental procedure done. This is because:
- You explore your options – Our dentists will listen closely to your concerns and help you find the best solution for your personal needs.
- You understand the procedures – Our dentists will answer all the questions and provide a detailed explanation of the procedures recommended. They will use helpful visual tools such to help you better understand them and to ease any tension or fear if you are nervous.
- Finding out what treatment you are eligible for– at R Smiles we provide highly personalized treatment for each and every patient:
- All mouths are different
- Treatment for one patient may not be the best for another
- You will get additional care – In addition our dentists use the opportunity within the consultation to address dental care issues. Our dentists pro
What is Root Canal Treatment? Root canal treatment is necessary when the living tissue inside the tooth, called the pulp, becomes inflamed or infected. This tissue contains the nerves and blood supply to the tooth and may become damaged or infected by deep decay, trauma or cracks in the tooth. Does it hurt? This treatment is done under local anaesthesia so it is a pain free procedure.